I've wanted to do this forever. I'm starting small, with just one product on offer: french press covers. I'm so excited to get it off the ground.
Over the past 5 years I have made many more for friends and tweaked the pattern a little bit at a time until I got it just right. Each cover is one-of-a-kind. I start with a genuine coffee sack and cut it down to it's most interesting parts--usually focusing on the company's printing.
I then decide if it will be pieced with a cotton print or left on it's own. Behind the top layer is a layer of muslin to keep the batting from poking through, then a layer of cotton batting and then a layer of Insul-brite. I then machine quilt those four layers in some interesting and complementary pattern.
Finally, I choose a complementary lining fabric and sew that in so all of the seams are enclosed. You can see the lining fabric along the bottom as it also binds the base of the cover.
In the shop now are the first 7 covers available:
Four feature the coffee sack they are made from.
The other three include more intricate features.
African print hexagons (hand sewn):
HUGE thanks go to Libby again for designing my etsy header. We're working on labels next. And thank you to Katie for letting me use her photo for my profile picture and the butterfly inspiration.
And, because I just can't help but include a photo session outtake shot. Here's Lucia when she got tired of not being the center of attention.