Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween





Mary and her Little Lamb


The dress for Lucia's Mary costume came from United Colors of Benetton and the staff came from Party City.   I made the prairie hat using this tutorial but left off the ruffle at the front. I made the bloomers from a vintage lace half-slip a former coworker gave me when she heard I was making this costume.  I just used a short bloomer/diaper cover pattern from Ottobre and lengthened them.  Then I put an elastic casing at the top of the lace so they would gather right under her knees.  I may take out the elastic so she can wear them as pajama pants.  I'm also thinking about making myself some pajama pants cut on the bias like that, they fell so nicely. 


I also made Elena's lamb costume.  The pattern was Ottobre 4/2012 but I added the ears and the tail.  The fabric is Michael Miller organic sherpa.  It is SO soft, probably the softest fabric I've ever sewn with.  I am dreaming about making us each a lined hoodie with it, and blankets for each of the girls to take to daycare... if only it wasn't so expensive.

I love how each of their costumes turned out.  Lucia had a lot of fun being Mary and sang the song all day long.  I hope next year we can avoid being a princess or a fairy, but if not, I got my chance this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment