Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A piggy for my love


I got to start and finish something this week!  It's a small accomplishment for a three day weekend, but that was the kind of weekend it was.  This is a pattern by one of my favorite artists and bloggers, Abby Glassenberg.  She is an amazing designer of softies but an even better teacher.  Her blog is so instructive.  I am eagerly waiting for her second book, it's all about designing your own softies!  

Elena loves her little piggy.  I am planning to make her a second identical one to take to day care.  I think it will help her fall asleep since she likes to suck on a piece of cloth with her thumb.  The fabric is a lovely Japanese cotton terry that I found at Momen+ this summer.



And what better for lunch on a day off than breakfast.  Lucia and I had pancake bites!  Libby, these were delicious and a perfect solution for pancakes when you just don't have time to stand in front of the stove.  I made the orange cloud pancakes from King Arthur which were delicious. I'll be making these again. 




1 comment:

  1. I can't beleive how big Elena is getting! that piggie is supper cute too! Glad the pancake bites came out good. I agree, much better using that time for kiddos lol

    ReplyDelete