Saturday, March 1, 2014

Chalk Cloth Portfolio

Do you remember in college seeing the "real artists" walking around with portfolios?  I always wished I was that cool.  My only hope now is that I give my kids the tools to become artists if that's what they want to be. 


Finally a good use for the 200+ embroidery stitches on my sewing machine.



I've been dying to get my hands on some chalk markers and finally got a set.  They're GREAT! 
It's not a full tutorial, but in case you want to make one too, here are the measurements.

Chalk cloth, lining and canvas interlining  21" x 14"
Separating sports zipper, 36" but shortened to approximate 32"
1" Webbing, 2 pieces 12" each

To hold the paper pad:
1" Grosgrain ribbon, 11" long
 
For the pencil case:
Plastic 8" x 19" (I used a piece from a sheet set packaging)
8" Zipper
2 #16 snaps




No comments:

Post a Comment