Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Nani Iro Blankets


My obsession with Nani Iro will not go away.  I just can't get enough.  And then, when I saw these blankets from Purl Soho, already knowing how wonderful the Michael Miller Cotton Sherpa feels, I just had to make the girls blankets combining the two.  

swaddled

The blankets were supposed to be Christmas gifts, but it didn't happen and I just finished them last week.  I guess that's one upside to the LONG winter we've had this year.  And the best part is, there was no competition with other presents and the girls love them. 



The specks:  The Nani Iro brushed cotton came from Superbuzzy and the cotton sherpa from fabric.com.  I followed the Purl Soho instructions more or less.  But, instead of using the machine to make the quilting stitches I hand tied them.  It was faster than I expected and made for a nice couch activity.  



No comments:

Post a Comment